Saturday, July 9, 2011

INSPIRED

today i went to Jacob's Pillow for the first time in my life! for those of you who do not know, Jacob's Pillow is a dance venue that is outside in the country of Massachusetts. it is serene and beautiful. i was going to see my dear friend Cindy Salgado perform with Kidd Pivot.  They did a show called Dark Matters which totally blew my mind.  the dancers were unbelievable, the way they combine technique with pure raw talent and a passion for moving really inspired me to be better than i am.  they moved like liquid being pored into a glass, like ice freezing slowly.  they used a small puppet and were able to show so much emotion through tiny movements.  it made me realize that you can never stop learning and growing, there is always a higher level to reach.  i want to reach another level with my own understanding of movement. 

which is kind of amazing timing for me considering i have a chance to dance next week in front of an audience.  i get to take extremely new movement and try to make something remarkable out of it.  i have a chance to be my very best.  i am going to work as hard as i can to make these shows the best they can possibly be, and maybe i can inspire someone like Kidd Pivot inspired me.  who knows....

this is  a picture of the outside stage at Jacob's pillow, this is not the show i saw, but it was too pretty not to capture

No comments:

Post a Comment