Friday, July 22, 2011

oh the places you'll go!

the other day i was trying to write down all the countries i have been to.  it is hard to remember! i was trying to think about this because for my 5 year wedding anniversary i want to take a big trip with my amazing husband. (that will be in Aug 2012)  I am not sure if I want to return somewhere I have already been but did not spend a lot of time in.... or go somewhere completely new!

here are the places i have been so far:
Holland (many times)
Norway
Sweden (2 times)
Spain
France (2 times)
Germany
Austria
England (2 times)
Czechoslavkia (when it was still called that)
Czech (later when the countries split)
Switzerland
Italy (3 times)
Belgium
Mexico (many times)
Costa Rica
Puerto Rico (2 times)
Hawaii (2 times)
Israel (2 times)
Vietnam
Cambodia
Laos
Thailand
New Zealand
Australia (2 times)
South Africa (2 times)
Zimbabwe
Botswana
Chile
Brazil (2 times)
Canada
Every US State Except: Montana, Idaho, Alaska, N and S Dakota


Places I would like to go/ ideas for 5 yr trip:
Alaska
Croatia, Greece: Mediterranean Cruise
Belize
Galapagos Islands
New Zealand, tour both islands
Maldives and India
Madagascar
Ireland/ Scotland
Banff National Park
Yellowstone National Park
Jamaica or Bermuda
Sechelles
Japan
Price Edward Island

Please leave me a comment about what your suggestions are! If you have taken an amazing trip I would love to hear about it!

2 comments:

  1. I would say all of your options are amazing. Jeff and I spent nearly 3 weeks in New Zealand -- North and South Islands. We mixed a few lux accommodations with 5 days of kayaking, 5 days of hiking/backpacking and some adventurous spots/B&Bs. I have a travel agent who set it all up. She specializes in active vacations -- website is www.otadventures.com If you call them, ask for Wendy. She can do any of the packages or set up something tailored for you. She also set up a great itinerary for us in Tazmania a couple of years ago.

    ReplyDelete