Saturday, May 7, 2011

Catania, Italy

I was recently in Catania, Italy performing with Pilobolus Dance Theater. 
Pilobolus Dance Theater
It was Easter weekend, and here are some things I learned about Sicily.

1. Nothing is open over Easter weekend, so if you plan a trip to Italy go another time.

2. Italians take a break in the day from about noon until 6pm... if you need to buy anything be sure to do it early.

3. Infacto! OK! You can say so much with your hands... if you are Italian!

4. Men walk arm and arm in the street, old or young

5. If you are a macho man (or in the mafia... it is real) you say "Capucho" instead of "Cappuccino"

6. The men are very fashionable, they take pride in having nice clothes and very slick hair

7. You can not have a cappuccino after 11 am, it is socially unacceptable to have warm milk so late in the day

8. It is possible to get tired of eating pasta, pizza, and gelato (i never thought i would say that!)

9. It usually does not rain in Catania, however while I was there it rained every day... maybe that means do not go to Italy with me?  hmmm

10. Be sure to try the seafood!

1 comment:

  1. Hmm... I seem to take bad weather with me when I travel,too. Maybe if we traveled TOGETHER we'd cancel this out: two negatives multiplied make a positive!

    ReplyDelete