Friday, May 6, 2011

INSPIRATION

A.S.T.E.P.

Artists Striving To End Poverty

This is an organization that I have been involved with since 2003.  wow, 2003 feels so long ago! I stopped by their office in Times Square yesterday to say hello to my friends.  They are amazing individuals who come together to create original artistic experiences for young minds.  If you feel like you have been focused on your own stress lately, take a minute to remember that our problems are tiny compared to most.  I know for myself it is easy to get caught up in the little things: the office is a mess, I need an agent, I want to create art... me me me me.....BLAH!  We are warm in our beds, with our stomachs full, and for the most part healthy. 

If you want to give back or be inspired visit http://www.asteponline.org/ ... it is food for the soul!
Home in the Red Zone SA, photo credit Zen Jefferson

The Red Zone, South Africa: photo credit Zen Jefferson
These images are from my trip to Port Elizabeth, South Africa in 2006.  It was an amazing trip, I recommend this type of work to everyone.

1 comment:

  1. Girl, you're an inspiration! The most altruistic thing I've done this year was buy a wallet whose proceeds went to Japan Tsunami victims.

    ReplyDelete