Saturday, May 21, 2011

COMPOST

Baby Ballet was fun! They were very cute and made me laugh.  I said if they had any questions they should ask me.  Every hand in the room flew into the air.  "Oh boy" I thought to myself.  I picked one tiny baby, she said, "when my dad drives his car he goes like that."  Not sure that was a question but ok.  Next.  "I helped my mom do the laundry!"  Oh boy, now I have done it, note to self never ask the three years old if they have questions in the beginning of class.... they don't.  They just think they do.  We had a good time pretending to be animals, balancing, and doing head shoulders knees and toes.

I really needed a nap after those 3 classes.  But instead I walked over to the community garden in Queens to drop off my kitchen scraps in the compost.  That was fun, and made me feel like I was contributing to something worthwhile.  It will be fun to have my own compost and garden someday.

Then we went over to the Astoria Beer Garden and it started to pour as soon as we got there.  But we still enjoyed great Czech beer and had fun!  Today was a kick ass day! YES!!

1 comment: